**UPDATED 10/4/23 SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM**
Creating a stunning centerpiece has never been easier. Our 5 Step Formula is great for all types of containers but works exceptionally well with dough bowls. For this arrangement I'm using an over-sized dough bowl. It's 32 inches long and 12 inches wide. I've linked a similar one HERE. Follow our 5 Step Formula to simply and easily update your dough bowl from season to season.
5 STEP Dough Bowl Formula by Deck the Table
1. Choose 2-3 Large Focal Pieces. I chose Magnolias and Velvet Pumpkins for this one.
2. Choose 2-3 Smaller Accents. I used blueberry stems, pinecones, and a few greenery twigs.
3. Begin with a layer of larger greenery and stems. I mixed a green garland with a couple of Fall stems here to mimic the look of the changing leaves.
4. Place your Large focal pieces. I placed my larger pumpkin in the middle with the two smaller ones on each side and then placed the larger magnolias above and at the bottom followed by the smaller magnolias on each end.
5. Place your Smaller Accents. The pinecones help the pumpkins stay in place and add texture to the design. I placed the blueberry stems next to each magnolia so the blue color would pop next to the white. Lastly, I added in a few greenery sprigs to blend it all together.
As an added bonus, I placed two flameless taper candles inside as well.
for more table tips & inspiration, because life's too short for a boring table!
Happy Table Decking Friends!
We revisited our 5 Step Formula to update our Dough Bowl once again for Fall and it turned out amazing! Here's the break down on this arrangement...
STEP 1: Choose 2-3 Focal Pieces
I chose a large blue pumpkin as our main focal point and a combo of magnolias, teal hydrangeas, and rust roses.
STEP 2: Choose 2-3 Smaller Accents
I trimmed a gold bushel and used the sprigs as accents as well as greenery sprigs. I would also consider our velvet pumpkins an accent here as well.
STEP 3: Begin with a layer of green.
I used the same fall stems and greenery garland that we used in the Blue Magnolia Centerpiece. I love reusing pieces to create a whole new look!
STEP 4: Place large focal points. I began by placing our large pumpkin, followed by our florals.
STEP 5: Place smaller accents. Lastly, I placed our gold sprigs, greenery, and velvet pumpkins to finish the look. I like to work from the middle out being mindful of making sure all sides of this arrangement come together nicely.